When it comes to your family, you will do anything and everything to protect them. In times of hardship, you may be finding it more difficult, however, to provide for their needs. Add to the stress of everyday life with COVID-19, anything that happens goes from a manageable problem to a rather large issue.
If you are in the process of getting a divorce, are facing child custody drama or facing financial hardship that is impacting your ability to pay support, contact us today. We have lawyers all over the nation ready to provide you guidance during this difficult time.
Family Law Issues in the United States
Our family law attorneys handle a variety of legal issues including but not limited to:
- Divorce: Right now, courts across the nation are closed due to social distancing measures and government mandates to stay at home to slow the spread of the coronavirus. But if you are in the middle of a divorce, how can you complete the process? Or, if you are seeking a divorce, who can you go to with virtual communication capabilities?
- Child Custody & Visitation: You and your ex may share custody of your children. But when a pandemic leaves you wondering if it’s safe for your children to go back and forth, what legal rights do you have?
- Child Support: Many Americans are facing unemployment as a result of the economic downturn of COVID-19. But when you have child support and alimony to pay, what are your legal options? In some states, the temporary economic situation may not be a legal reason enough to validate a modification in child support payments. However, you and your ex may be able to agree on payments. But if you can’t, you need a law firm that can represent you virtually during the COVID-19 complications.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: Weddings are being postponed daily because of the spread of the virus and social distancing orders. With this extra time and the reality of being in quarantine with your soon-to-be-spouse, you may wonder if you can still create a prenuptial agreement before the new “I do” date. Married couples may also be taking a close look at their marriage and want to create postnuptial agreements, which all can be done with the right family law firm virtually.
- Domestic Violence: We are experiencing an increase in domestic violence situations across the country because of the impact of shelter in place orders. When victims can not leave the residence in which their abuser may be, there are a lot of questions on what can be done to help these people.
Family Law During COVID-19
Even during a global pandemic, your family law matters can not wait. You need legal guidance and protection. And we can help.
As Coronavirus terrorizes our nation, the needs of your family continue. If you are needing legal assistance relating to divorce, domestic violence, custody, or alimony, contact us today. We have family law attorneys all over the nation waiting to take your case.